We're all still a little tired and the house is a mess, but otherwise, things are going well. After seeing some truly sick children at the hospital, I feel blessed that we are all in relatively good health.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Update on Henry
Henry is doing well and is slowly getting back into his routine after a few hiccups. Who can blame him for being a little out of sorts? We returned to the Dr. today to follow-up. No results yet from the renal ultrasound, but I expect it will be normal. Our Dr. is recommending that we have the VCUG test done. "A children's voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG) is an x-ray examination of a child's bladder and lower urinary tract that uses a special form of x-ray called fluoroscopy and a contrast material." Ugh. I was hoping to avoid it, but I understand it's important to be cautious considering his age. We scheduled the test for next Monday. He is taking antibiotics in case he does have a UTI, and we want to have the test done while he's on the medicine in case more bacteria accidently gets introduced as a result of the procedure. I still feel pretty sure this whole thing is related to the virus and nothing more serious, but I trust the Dr. and he feels it's the right thing to do. So, there you have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Jill, sure am glad he is feeling better. I am sorry that he has to go through all those test. I will be praying for you all. Take care of yourself, too. Love, Aunt Barbara
Post a Comment