Sunday, June 21, 2009

VBS





Last week was Vacation Bible School at our church, and I think we are all still recovering!  Aubrey loved it, but she was wiped out by the end. She was there everyday from 9-noon.  That's the first time she's done something that many days in a row, and I think she handled it pretty well. She was ready to go everyday and is still singing the songs.  I'm amazed at what she retained, not only the lyrics, but the bible stories.  She managed to tell me about Moses and the burning bush, "King Pharaoh" (as she says) and how God made a terrible mess (still makes me giggle), and the parting of the Red Sea and how Moses led the Israelites. I was shocked. She actually said Israelites!  

I worked two days and put Henry in the church nursery, which meant no morning nap.  I was weary of doing it because every time we leave him for church, we get buzzed after 30mins.  I was so relieved that he did GREAT.  I think he had his moments, but they did a great job of working through his initial crying phase.  I loved having a break from rushing home to get Henry to take his nap and really enjoyed the adult conversations, and of course, it was wonderful seeing all the children sing and play. I had the best job... photographer!  


0 comments: