Monday, June 15, 2009

Girl's gone wild, mom style.

I spent another night at the lake with my girlfriends this past weekend and we had a fabulous time! It was a perfect way to celebrate weaning Henry on Saturday morning (or should I say the perfect way to keep me from moping around all day). We left early Saturday and headed to Marble Falls for some shopping and lunch. I actually had some birthday money to spend and didn't spend a dime. Isn't that how it always is? Anyway, we headed to the lake after lunch and promptly donned our swimsuits and set out on the boat. It was a gorgeous hot summer day and the lake water felt great! I don't think any of us set out to do anything but swim and cruise the lake, and we ALL (minus Melissa who is 5 months pregnant) either water-skied or wake-boarded!!! Who says mom's can't have fun and keep up with the young crowd. It had probably been at least 10 years since I had skied and I had never wake-boarded before. I managed to get up on the first try (thanks to watching everyone else first).

We enjoyed great conversations and food and I left feeling very refreshed! I could have used another night though :). Can't wait for the next girl's weekend. Thanks Christy for making all the arrangements and thanks to your family for sharing their place!
















0 comments: