

and not the dancing kind. A knock down, drag out, 7 day fever. It started last Friday and hasn't let up. It peaked on Tues at 106! Scary. Her ears and lungs are clear, but her white blood cell count is high, so she may have some sort of infection. She's been on antibiotics since Saturday though, and hasn't improved, so we switched them up on Tuesday night. I thought we had the fever under control last night, but she woke at 5:45am with a temp of 102. After 15 mins of fighting to get some motrin in her system, she went back to sleep and just woke up (10am). Poor thing is wiped out and hasn't slept much since last Weds night, so I'm glad she got some rest.
I took these photos a few minutes ago. Her hair was soaking wet. She sweated it out and I'm praying that was the last time (that's what I said yesterday). She still has no appetite and seems weak, of course, but is a little more perky, so that's good news. The Dr. is running a test for mono (who's she been kissing?) but that will take a few more days. If she isn't improving this afternoon, we will probably have another blood test tomorrow and maybe a chest x-ray. I'm hopeful it's just a nasty virus that is nearing the end. She hasn't been to school since last Weds., and I'm worn out.


0 comments:
Post a Comment