On Friday night, it worked great in getting her to go to sleep, but she was still up from midnight-1am. However, she was pretty calm and didn't try to bolt out of her room like the previous few nights. I stayed very calm and tried not to worry about what time it was, etc. The next morning she asked what the fairy had left, and I told her nothing. I told her I was very proud of how she went to sleep and that I knew she could make it all night. Last night she did great again at bedtime and made it all night!!! Of course, the "sleep fairy" hadn't prepared the expected gift, so I was scrambling at 7 am to come up with something. Leftover cupcake pop stick, check. Curly ribbon, check. Fairy wand, check. When I walked in her room, the first thing she said was "I made it all night mommy!" Let's hope tonight goes well too. Of course, as I was typing this, she woke up coughing and needed a little reassuring, but she was back down within 5 mins. Not sure I can fault her for not feeling great :).
Nap time is starting to fade, which can make things better or worse. I can't make her fall asleep, I guess. She didn't take one today, but she was down at 7pm, and without a fight! Ahhhh.



0 comments:
Post a Comment