Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas with the Baumhovers

Brian's parents, better known as Grandma and Grandpa, were able to drive up from their winter retreat in South Texas to spend Christmas with us this year. It was so nice to stay at home for Christmas AND have family here. Aubrey really "got" it this year and is fully onboard with baby Jesus and Santa. She has been known to pitch a fit or two at bedtime lately, but oh the power of Santa. The night before Christmas, all was quiet indeed when I said goodnight and closed the door. The next morning, she went running to the living room and was excited to see that Santa ate the cookie she left. Then she yelled "Mommy, Santa forgot his milk!!!" I assure you he did drink it, so I was confused. I guess she thought he would take the cup too.

Anyway, she was very patient and played with her toys one by one. We did not overwhelm her, and I'm so glad we didn't. She was so content with her first present (a t-ball stand) that we could have stopped there. She just loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa, and Buster the dog too. We had a great brunch that consisted of nothing green, or healthy for that matter. Sticky buns, sausage egg and cheese casserole. hmmm. Yep, the no dairy thing pretty much went out the window over the holidays. Henry didn't seem to mind one bit.

Speaking of the little man. He had a great first Christmas and enjoyed watching big sis rip paper. He got in on the act too. He tried hard to be a sweet boy, but was fussy the night prior and didn't nap well that day. Then, Christmas night, he really had a tough time. He woke up screaming the next day with a fever. I took him to the Dr. and it turns out he had an ear infection in one ear and was heading towards another in the other ear. I'm sure glad I took him in when I did since we were leaving the next day for Santa Fe. More details on that trip in the next post.

Spending time with Daddy.  We're sooo glad Brian has a nice long holiday break.

I love my Grandma

but I'm not so sure about avocado.

Christmas morning. 

Henry couldn't get enough of sitting on Grandpa's lap.

Brian picked out this present for Aubrey.  Hmmm. Sure looks like Brian's old slot car track that has been sitting in a box in our garage since Brian's parents unloaded it on us.  Who do you think looks more interested in it???

"Fancy" Aubrey!  Thanks for the tiara Avery, Jeny and Bob.


0 comments: