Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rated "R" for repulsive!

Here's the scene...
It's an hour into Aubrey's nap today, and she still isn't asleep.  She is singing, talking, and generally avoiding closing her eyes at all costs.  Now Henry is awake from his nap, wanting to eat...pronto.  (So much for my quiet time).  I am heading to the living room to nurse him and maybe catch a few minutes of the news in the process.  Instead, I hear Aubrey yell "MOMMY, I went poopy!!!!"  

(OK, so a little background here. She is potty trained except for nap time and night time, when she wears a diaper. Sometimes she can't settle down for her nap because she has a dirty one.  I have told her she should yell and tell me so I can come change her and then she can sleep). 

I am so proud. She has listened to me.  I put Henry down and head in to change her.  OH MY GRACIOUS (a favorite Aubrey saying).  The smell hits me first, then my eyes see black...on her hands, on her bed, on her pillows, on her blankets.  Everywhere!  The dreaded day has arrived.  My child has taken off her diaper in bed and it's contents, I say again, are everywhere.  Henry pipes up with the FEED ME NOW cries.  I whisk Aubrey off to the tub for a super fast scrub down and then clean my hands like I'm prepping for surgery before feeding Henry.  Once his belly is full, I'm off to the garage to fetch gloves (no mask in sight or I would have taken that too).   The clean up is a pain, but it's done.  How on earth do people clean cloth diapers everyday?  I mean really.

So much for nap time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwwww! Repulsive is right!

Do you remember the poopy express???? ;-)

J.Goolsby said...

I think we are even now after hundrends of cloth diapers when you were little. Yes, they had pampers BUT Dad was in fellowship so no money for those things except when we would go on trips to the mountains!
Yuck!!
Mom