Friday, October 31, 2008

"Oh, It's a Jolly Holiday...

with Mary, no wonder that it's Mary that we love!" For those of you without kids who may not have seen a classic lately, be sure to check out Mary Poppins. Or, just take a look at these photos. There are certainly a lot of them! I was thinking recently about what movies I loved as a child, and Mary Poppins was at the top of the list. The music is GREAT and there aren't any scary flying monkeys to contend with. So, I bought it for Aubrey and she is hooked! When it came time to pick a halloween costume, naturally she picked Mary Poppins. I had to think long and hard about how to make this happen. There aren't any store bought MP costumes out there, unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars for a broadway replica. No thanks. I figured it would be easy enough to find an old white dress and transform her into the Mary from the "Jolly Holiday" scene. Well, to keep this short, it wasn't as easy as I thought... but the result is precious! And Henry, well he had to be one of the dancing penguins from that scene.

We had a great night of trick-or-treating. We got together with our neighbors again this year and it was so fun to see how much the kids have changed in a year. First of all, Aubrey didn't have a clue what was happening last year, and certainly didn't know what to do with the candy. This year, she came back with chocolate all over her face. Henry had a really long afternoon and fought his nap big time... so he was completely exhausted before we even started. I made it to the end of the street and then had to head home with him... and then listen to him scream for a good long time when I put him down.

Ok, enough talk. Here is Mary Poppins and her Penguin.







Our neighbor Kate, who Aubrey adores



Emily the Bee

What a difference a year makes.  
Aubrey on Halloween 2007.

3 comments:

Roger said...

Precious, Thanks. We don't get any T or T out here, and I know even if we did, would not be as cool as these. Roger & Mary

Jenny said...

What an adorable costume!

Barbara and John said...

Jill, did you make Aubrey outfit and umbrella? It is is cute. They both looked so cute. I will make sure mom see this sometime this week. Love, Aunt Barbara