Monday, July 28, 2008

2 months old and going strong

That's right, Henry is 2 months old today, and what better way to celebrate than with a trip to the Dr.'s office and a round of 5 shots!  He was ready for a nap, and not a check-up, but he managed to show off his lungs and had no problem opening his mouth so the Dr. could take a look.  How cooperative.  Of course, just as I got him settled down after the exam, in came the nurse with the needles.  He let us know this was not cool, but what do you expect.  Anyway, he is doing great and is growing just like he should.  I'm still blown away at how quickly the time is passing and how much he has already changed.  Now, if I could just get my body to change that quickly, we'd be great!  I guess I shouldn't expect to bounce back as quickly the second time, but come on...I have a closet full of cute clothes that are just soooo close to fitting, but not quite.  Oh well.

So here are his stats, for those of you who care to track every little milestone along with me :).
Weight: 11 lbs 12.5 oz (50%)
Height: 23 in (50%)
Far from average, of course, but very well proportioned.

I'm happy to say that he has continued sleeping about 9 hours at night!  I may even attempt to drop the 10pm feeding soon and see how he does.  The Dr. thinks he can probably make it all night pretty soon and that I should drop it in the next month so he doesn't start wanting it, even if he doesn't need it anymore.  That would be GREAT!  So, other than not wanting to sleep in the car seat and taking short naps when he's overtired, he's doing just fine.  He's starting to smile more and even coo a little.  He doesn't like the paci very much, but is sure working hard to get his thumb.  He must take after his big sis, or his dad. 

OK mom, get me out of this thing...

I MEANT RIGHT NOW!!!!



0 comments: