Monday, July 7, 2008

More weekend photos and a busy day

I was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote the last post and didn't load all the photos I wanted, so here is round two. We're so sad today that Jeny and Avery are gone.

It was back to reality today for me. Here's a glimpse at my life with two kids. Both Henry and Aubrey woke up much earlier than I had planned, which threw him off schedule (and me) on a day I needed some stability! I did manage to get Aubrey to school close to on time. (Plus one point.) However, Henry refused to take his first nap in the car seat and screamed for most of the ride. (Minus one point.) I arrived for my postpartum check-up on time (plus one), but had a 45 min wait which resulted in Henry going way past his feeding time. (minus 2 points. I kept thinking as soon as I tried to feed him in the waiting room they would call me in, so I held him off way too long!) After feeding him in the car, we headed home. He was exhausted. After a successful transfer from car seat to crib, he and I both took a nap. (plus 2 points!) He was still passed out when it was time to feed him again, which slowed down the process. I had a very short timeline for getting him fed and in the car so we could get Aubrey from school on time. After a very large spit up, a shirt change for me and three stinky diapers for him in less than 5 minutes, we made it out the door...but of course, we were late. (minus 4 points). The rest of the day went much better. Aubrey actually napped at school (plus one) and exclaimed that she could go to the park and eat ice cream. She was so proud of herself that I couldn't refuse. Luckily, Henry was still tired from a long morning and was sound asleep (plus one.) So we stopped for a frozen treat and then headed to the playground. Henry slept the whole time and even stayed asleep when we got home for another 45 min. (plus one). So that about sums it up. With all the ups and downs, pluses and minuses, we ended up right back at 0. Not bad in the end! Of course, the day isn't over yet :).

Jeny and Avery

Ready for the parade

Henry's sweet ride

Aubrey has become quite the Texan.  Here she is eating her second breakfast taco. 

Our attempt at a group photo...close enough!
Rare photo of mom and baby

0 comments: