I was definitely sad to leave, but the kids were wiped out! Aubrey had a really rough time on Saturday night settling down for bed and pitched a serious fit, complete with hitting, biting, and all the potty words she could think to say! Whew. I'm so glad these types of fits are few and far between now, but they are no less painful. I know she was simply exhausted and with a birthday coming up this week, it seems like she is going through some growing pains. Hopefully she'll be back to herself soon. Despite all of that, I feel renewed for the week ahead. I love camp!
Round up!

Brian and Amy

The kids put on quite a show while we waited for round-up to get going. Henry busted out with some serious dance moves.


S'mores! There is still a burn ban so we had to roast them over a grill. The kids didn't mind one bit.

On Saturday, we started off with pumpkin carving, made some tie dyed shirts, played for hours in a big sand pit, went to the adult retreat center for a queso bar, took a tour of the new family camp location (it is AMAZING!!!!) and then ended the day with another round-up and a rodeo dance.

Jane Ann and Samuel working hard.

Sabra and her girls

It was no surprise that the kids lost interest pretty quickly and the dads were left to carve the pumpkins. The tools were less than optimal and it took some serous elbow grease!


I took a few photos around the property. This is the new ranch house where we eat. It is luxurious compared to what was there when I was a camper.




The dinner bell. If your cabin was late to a meal, you ended up in the river with your clothes on.

And finally, I thought I should include a photo of me as a camper in the early 80's! My oh my.



0 comments:
Post a Comment