Friday, April 15, 2011

The greatest of gifts...

For the last two years, my grandmother has sent the most wonderful gift to the kids for Christmas... Hallmark books that allow someone to record their voice reading the pages. I, of course, was choked up the first time I opened one and heard my sweet grandmother's voice reading "Twas the night before Christmas...", but I didn't expect the kids to be so enamored as well. I can't tell you how many times they have listened to the stories. It is not at all unusual for me to find Henry like this...

He simply can't get enough. He has even named them. One is "GiGi" the other "Grandma." I'm not sure why he did that. Gigi is what we call my mom and Grandma is Brian's mom. We call my grandmother "Great Grandmother." I think that was too hard for him to say around the time we got the books. He usually just says "I want GiGi-grandma." We don't get to see her very often, so I just love that we can hear her anytime we want. Thank you grandmother for such a wonderful gift.

0 comments: