On Sat., I spent almost the entire day up to my elbows in marshmallow fondant attempting to make Henry's 1/2 egg free birthday cake. Once that was done, Brian took the kids to another birthday party and I cleaned liked a mad woman.
Sunday was a very special day. We finally had Henry baptized. We have been trying for 2 years to find a time to do it when family would be in town, but unfortunately, it just never worked out. So, we decided to take the first date they had available at the church, which happened to coincide with his birthday. I hadn't planned to have a big party for him, but I really wanted to celebrate his baptism with our dear friends, so we wrapped it all into one big backyard bash. Well, not that big, but I'm sure it seemed pretty big to him.
Henry's baptism could not have gone better. Besides missing our families, it was prefect. What made it so special was that Henry was baptized at the same church where I was baptized and where Brian and I got married. My dear friend Kathryn is a church Deacon and was able to stand up with us (I grew up going to church with her husband). Thank you Kathryn for taking time away from your family to be there. Also, we were able to have Tana Taylor there as our Elder. I grew up with her daughter Christy and spent many a day at their house growing up. It was so special to have her assist with the service. The kids love Mimi and so do we. Thank you Tana.
Christy and her family also came to share in Henry's special day. Thanks Christy and Matt for helping take photos and video! Christy was my first friend when we moved to Texas back in 1978, and we are still great friends. How cool is that?
Usually Pastor Rick holds the baby and walks down the aisle with them. Henry wasn't so sure about leaving my arms, so we all made the walk.




Tana Kathryn and the fam

That afternoon, we celebrated with burgers and cake. It was at least 95 degrees, but the kids all had a blast and stayed outside pretty much the whole time. It was a great end to a special day.
Happy Birthday sweet Henry.


So my super-talented, mother-of-three friend Jeny (with newborn twins mind you) convinced me I could make a fondant cake. Jeny, I think I will leave this one to you and the Ace of Cakes.



The birthday boy giving a hello hug to his main squeeze, Jane Ann






Sweet baby John

A very happy boy waiting for cake

I'm pretty sure he was about to utter TRUCK!

Thank goodness he actually ate the egg free cake considering how many test cakes I had to make to find one that was edible.

Henry and the single ladies

Finally, the bus pinata.
Alivia takes a stab at the indestructible pinata
A very sweaty and tired big sis


3 comments:
Oh My, do you know how sad I am I missed this special day. Bummer!! I have made all of the other 4 baptisms and because of a class in Arizona I couldn't get a refund on, I missed my sweet Henry's day!
We will celebrate quite a lot when you arrive here to the cool nights on the river in July, Yea!!!!
love all of you, mom
Jill, Seriously. You made that cake? I couldn't be more impressed. Henry looks like he had an awesome birthday! Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate. Happy Birthday Henry.
Beautiful family! Congrats to Henry.
Post a Comment