Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Busy.

As much as I hate to admit it, this blog has taken a back seat lately. Seems we're spending more time living life these days and less time talking about it, and photographing it. Not a bad thing, right? We have been working hard the last few months on getting settled into the house. It is coming together slowly, and with each improvement, I love it more. I have focused most of my attention lately on my office. Ahhh, just to say I have an office makes me smile. I'm sure it will be years before every room is exactly how we want it, but that's OK. I love the process!

Here's a peak at our latest projects...

My office before... it's a small room off of our master bedroom and it's just the right size for me.

And here are a few as it stands now. Still working on filling the walls.

Brian helped me build some custom shelves.
I made a relaxed roman shade


I painted and recovered an old chair.

Gave an old file cabinet a new life with a glossy enamel finish. The photo doesn't do the color justice.
And voila.
Moving on to the dining room...

I bought some burlap and found some linen remnants and made these drapes.

Remember this blank wall to the right?
It's now filled with some of my favorite things. The sunflower painting was done by my talented mom, and the tulip print comes from my amazing friend Jared. You must check out his art. I hope to own an original one day.

Next up, the kids/guest bath.

Before. The door made it pretty tricky to bathe the kids.
After
And finally, Brian is working on fencing the yard.

Busy busy.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks great, Jill. LOVE your office!

Maridon said...

You are officially, THE most creative person I know! LOVE it, Jill! You can come do my house any time :)