Monday, September 21, 2009

R & R, four years in the making.


Brian and I had a great weekend away without kids, our first time away together since before Aubrey was born.  What on earth took us so long????  Actually, it's not like we haven't wanted this to happen.  Life just seemed to get in the way... nursing babies, deployments, grad school, and not living near family hasn't helped. Anyway, with the help of some amazing friends, we escaped to Wimberley. TX for a little R&R. We enjoyed slow meals, some good books, slow strolls, and even some live music at the famous Gruene Hall.  I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the latest toddler crisis. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Henry and Aubrey had a BLAST!  Henry enjoyed the undivided attention of the Sessis, and from their photos, he was all smiles.  Aubrey got to have her first sleep over with a friend, Alivia, and has not stopped talking about it.  Alivia's mom and I have known each other since Kindergarten and spent many nights at one another's homes back in the day. Who would have thought our kids would be doing the same thing?  

To the Risingers and Sessis: THANK YOU! 

This photo sums up Henry at sleepytime. He is a thumbsucker and holds on to the snap on his jammies as a little security blanket. So sweet.










2 comments:

Maridon said...

Okay, you look SOOOO relaxed! I'm glad you guys finally got away for some R&R! Well deserved & long over due, to say the least!

Michael & Melissa said...

I'm so glad yall got to do that! Good job. And, i'm sure your kids had a great time.