As I mentioned in her 1st grade post, Aubrey has grown and changed so much in these 7 short (sometimes long) years. 6 was a big year with a lot of firsts. First year of Elem school, first lost tooth, learning to read, first year of organized sports, etc. This girl is up for anything and wants to try everything! We could very easily over schedule her, but I know better. She is still my girl who handles everything fine on the surface, but gets overstimulated and melts down when things quiet down, so I have to be the mean mommy sometimes and hold her back a little. I'm pretty sure she'll thank me one day, right?
She had school on her actual birthday, so we woke her up early to a few surprises.
Ever since going on a trail ride in Colorado last summer, Aubrey has wanted to take horseback riding lessons. While I am 100% on board with the idea given my own love of riding, it is a huge investment and not something we were ready to start up just yet. So, I was able to convince her a horseback riding party would be just as great... and she agreed! She was able to invite 5 friends for what turned out to be a long afternoon of grooming, tacking and riding. She was in heaven. She somehow convinced the laid back instructor to let her trot, which wouldn't have been a big deal if she hadn't handed Aubrey a LONG crop, which of course she had no idea how to use. It didn't take but a few seconds for the horse to startle and for Aubrey to end up on the ground. I think she was a little stunned, but she hopped right back on and ended up giving it another try, this time without a crop and with a mom leading the horse. It was such a fun day!
I know, I know. I said never again to the cake madness. But after two cakes for Henry and none for her, I couldn't say no. I loved this one so much... too bad it was a little dry :(
A friend of mine who has older girls that used to ride loaned Aubrey all the right gear.
She had the party at the stables where I once took lessons, which made it even more special.
One of the girls was a little scared, which gave Henry the chance to ride. He loved it too.
All the girls who rode have been in Aubrey's class the last two years. I'm not sure their parents were super happy with us afterwards. I believe there was a lot of begging for lessons involved.
Chloe
Elizabeth
Gabrielle
and Sydney
She is still asking to take lessons, but we settled on a week-long camp this summer. She can hardly wait.
I interviewed her around the time of her birthday, and I didn't lose what I wrote down on a scratch piece of paper. That is no small miracle.
What is your favorite food?
A: mac and cheese
What is your favorite book?
A: My baby book.
What is your favorite color?
A: black and white
What is your favorite song?
A: Beautiful - One Direction
What is your favorite toy?
A: Doll
What is your favorite thing about 1st grade?
A: homework
What is your favorite movie/show?
A: Wild Kratz
What is your favorite game?
A: sharks and minnows
What is your favorite thing to wear?
A: shorts and a t-shirt
Who do you miss?
A: Avery
Who is your favorite brother?
A: henry (I think they have finally caught on to my joke)
Who do you love?
A: mommy and daddy and sister and GiGi
What was the best part about being 6?
A: Going to Disney World
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: An artist
Who is your best friend?
A: Sydney, all my friends, and Henry
We love you Miss Aubrey! What an adventure these 7 years have been.
We love you Miss Aubrey! What an adventure these 7 years have been.

















0 comments:
Post a Comment