Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wilton Gingerbread House gets an...

So it wasn't until I brought it home, opened it, and began pulling out the pieces that I realized I had bought this same gingerbread house last year... and at some point, decided it was ridiculous and I would never buy one again. Fool me twice. Rats. Unless you have very steady hands, an engineering degree, and no small impatient children, do not buy this house! Without going into too much detail about my near nervous breakdown, let's just say we (I) couldn't get the sides to stay up with the stellar icing provided. Plus, the cardboard base left no room for error. If you are one cm off, the other side won't fit. So, this is what was left of the "house."

I quickly regained my composure and told Aubrey I had a new plan. Luckily, she was just as happy decorating the pieces like cookies. Whew.


Perfection!

Let this serve as my reminder to never buy this kit again!

2 comments:

Michael & Melissa said...

girl you are creative. I have tried one of those too and it's impossible. The roof just keeps sliding off!

Maridon said...

ha ha, love this post. central market has a premade one fyi, for $14.99... all you have to do is buy the candy to stick on... maybe next year?? :)
loved your Christmas card btw! Coolest one we rec'd, by far! xoxoM