Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ballet, tap, tumbling... oh my.



I can't believe I forgot to post these photos last week.  Aubrey had her very first dance class on Friday and was over the moon!  She had been so worked up over starting that she woke up one morning at 4:30am, dressed herself in full ballet regalia, and didn't go back to sleep.  She said "Mommy, I was just so excited for ballet." I'm probably just as excited for her.  Dance was such a huge part of my life growing up, so I'm happy to see her finding enjoyment in it as well.  It is a daily chore to keep her out of her ballet clothes. She would wear them all day if I let her.  Instead, she settles for her swimsuit most of the time. Speaking of that, she woke another day recently at 5:30am to go potty, and instead of going back to sleep, she dressed in full swim regalia... including her floaties.  "Mommy, I was just so excited about swimming today." Note to self... don't tell Aubrey anything ahead of time, or she, and I, will never sleep again. The end.

0 comments: