
We decided to celebrate Henry's birthday a few days early so that my mom could be part of the celebration. Honestly, I sort of let it creep up on me. With our trip up North and Brian's graduation, I just didn't get moving in time to plan a party for him (second child syndrome strikes again). At least I got my act together to make him his first birthday cake. I'm no Ace of Cakes, for sure, but I do think it turned out better than any other cakes I've made! Plus, it made me feel good to make him something special for his big day. We planned to watch him smash his cake last night, since my mom was leaving today. At the last minute, I decided he should have at least one friend celebrate with him, so we asked his bud Jane Ann to join him for cake. The Skaggs were kind enough to have us over to their house for the cake festivities so we could enjoy their pool. It was a great way to celebrate. I will save all the sappy first birthday talk for his actual birthday, so you are spared for a few more days :).
How is he almost one????

Henry opened his first present... a very special GiGi quilt. Thanks Mom!



What is this thing?


He was not a fan. He just smeared it around a bit, but didn't try to eat it. I put a little icing on my finger and fed it to him, but still no luck. Hope he has such self control as he gets older :).

Henry and his "one" friend for birthday number "one." He loves Jane Ann.



0 comments:
Post a Comment