Monday, March 23, 2009

Preparing her nest

While in Virginia, Jeny and I joined with 2 other friends (Amy and Sara) to host a baby shower for Mary Beth. I was able to design the invitations and loved creating something unique for her. We went with a simple, sophisticated theme: "Let's help prepare her nest." We had a great time planning the menu, making the food and favors, and ultimately, the shower was a huge success. Thanks for letting us celebrate with you Mary Beth! Can't wait to meet the little munchkin. 

The front of the invitation, modified so address and phone info isn't on here for the world to see. The back was solid blue with her registry information.
The hosts with the guest of honor. Amy, Jeny, Sara, Mary Beth and me.



Favor boxes...
and what was inside. Move over Martha Stewart.




The mom-to-be looked fabulous!
The spread... yummy. Flank steak sandwiches with ranch dressing, mac & cheese with crab, curry chicken salad, ramen slaw, and fresh fruit. I'm still drooling.



I think this might be the coolest bath toy I've ever seen. I'm on a quest to find one like it!

A great group of ladies. She was surrounded by family and friends. Mary Beth's mom, sister, mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law all came to town to celebrate with her.  
Even Packer was all tuckered out at the end.



1 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Thanks, Jill -- you, Jeny, Sara & Amy hosted a shower I will never forget!!